NEW: Aaron Hernandez Indicted on Double Murder Charge
Thursday, May 15, 2014
Former Patriots’ tight end Aaron Hernandez has been indicted on double-murder charges stemming from an incident in Boston in July 2012.
Hernandez has already been charged with the first degree murder of semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd in 2013.
Boston Police had been investigating Hernandez’s role in the drive-by shooting of Daniel Abreu and Safiro Furtado outside a Boston nightclub in July 2012. The two victims were stopped at a red light when a light colored SUV pulled up along side them and one of the passengers inside sprayed the car with bullets. Reports indicate that Hernandez is believed to have been the shooter.
Hernandez played 10 games for the Patriots in the 2012 season and caught 51 passes and 5 touchdowns.
The families of Abreu and Furtado each filed a $6 million wrongful death suit against Hernandez.
- Patriots’ Aaron Hernandez questioned in murder case
- NEW: Hernandez Being Investigated In 2012 Double-Murder
- NEW: Hernandez Involved In Run-Ins With Providence Police
- Belichick on Hernandez: “Personally, I’m hurt.”
- Hernandez claims innocence - in letter from jail