PODCAST: Station Fire Victim’s Dad Speaks Out on Fire Safety Regs
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
The 15 Costliest Government Programs in RI
Category: Utilities and Liquor Stores
Cost Per $1,000 of Income: $9.25
National Rank: 40
Note: Utilities are not considered to be "direct general expenditures." Instead utilities are categorized as "other direct expenditures." The category is a U.S. Census Bureau term. Unlike some states, Rhode Island does not have state-run liquor stores.
#3 Pensions and Other
Category: Insurance Trust
Cost Per $1,000 of Income: $39.62
National Rank: 4
Note: Other than pensions this area of spending includes unemployment security, disability insurance, and workers compensation. Together, these expenses are categorized U.S. Census Bureau as "insurance trust."
- Prom Fashion Show To Raise Funds for Station Fire Memorial
- Station Fire Victim’s Dad: “Draconian Laws Impossible to Afford”
- Fire Damages PC Coach’s House
- INVESTIGATION: Fire Districts Break Property Tax Cap
- LEGAL MATTERS: Can Your Tattoo Get You Fired?
- LISTEN: Fire Districts Break Property Tax Cap
- Local Firefighters Face Prolonged Court Battles
- PODCAST: Mayoral Candidates Speak On Prov Firefighter’s $200K+ Pay
- PODCAST: Prov. Firefighter’s $200K Pay Sparks Calls for Reform
- Prov Firefighter Earns Over $200K, Mayoral Candidates Speak Out
- Prov. Firefighter’s $200K Sparks Calls for Reform; OT in Millions
- Fire Union Threatens Lawsuit Over Layoffs
- National Grid, Fire Officials Urge For Safety in Snow Removal
- Warwick Strikes New Deals with Fire & Police Unions
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.