NEW: U.S. Attorney Confirms Investigation, IRS Involved
Friday, March 21, 2014
Speaker Fox's State House office was closed this morning, with State Police posted outside the door.
"I'm not going to offer any comment at all, but to confirm the obvious, that there is a federal and state law enforcement presence at the State House in an ongoing law enforcement matter," said Jim Martin with the Office.
When asked about the parties involved, Martin said, "It's the U.S. Attorney's Office, the FBI, the Rhode Island State Police, and the Internal Revenue Service."
Editors Note: Martin said that he could not confirm an investigation into Speaker Fox, only that there was an ongoing law enforcement matter, as part of which the U.S. Attonery's office had executed two federal search warrants.
- The Scoop: Ethics Commission Lawyer - Fox Investigation 90 Days
- Fox’s Rival Calls for New Economic Model
- Will Foxwoods Funded Fall River Casino Sink Newport Grand?
- Gordon Fox Campaign Contributions Exceeded $1K Limit
- NEW: Speaker Fox’s State House Office Raided by FBI, State Police
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Steven Artigas: Open Letter to Gordon Fox
- NEW: Statement by Speaker Fox on Chafee Joining Dems
- In Case You Missed It: Gordon Fox Accused of Manipulating House Campaigns
- RI State Report: Block v. Fox, RIGOP Push for Latino Vote; More
- Arthur Christopher Schaper: Speaker Fox, Will You Marry Me?
- LISTEN: O’Neill Says Fox Lied About 38 Studios
- RI State Report: Fox Investigated, Gag Orders + More
- Arthur Schaper: Speaker Fox In The Hen House
- NEW: Block to Fox: Spare Us Lectures on Reform
- NEW: Meeting Notes Show Fox, Paiva-Weed Pushing for 38 Studios
- EXCLUSIVE: O’Neill Says Fox Lied About 38 Studios
- NEW: Fox Fined $1500 by Ethics Commission for PEDP Non-Disclosure
- Fox Accused of Illegally Manipulating House Campaigns in 2012
- The Scoop: Block Calls Speaker Fox Imperialistic; Fox Responds