In Case You Missed It: Highest Paid Providence School Employees
Saturday, August 31, 2013
Who are the highest paid school employees in Providence?
The top 30 highest paid employees in the Providence School Department earned a total of $4.5 million in pay and benefits last year and are largely comprised of top administrators and principals, according to city payroll records provided in response to a records request.
Topping the list is the schools Superintendent Susan Lusi, whose total compensation was $239,737, including her base pay of $190,000, the value of health care benefits, and the amount the city contributes for retirement. Ranking second is the chief academic officer for the district, Paula Shannon, who received $174,858 in compensation when her benefits are added to her base salary of $135,232.
The top 30 highest paid school employees in Providence schools earn between $136,000 on the low end to nearly $240,000 at the top. Among the highest paid are the superintendent and other senior administrators along with several principals, a special education instructor, and a lead physical education teacher.
The base salaries for the top earners are listed below, along with what the city contributes towards their retirement, and the value of other pay and benefits they receive, including severance, overtime, and health insurance. The salaries reflect what employees earned in the fiscal year that ended last June.
- The Top 30 Highest Paid Providence School Employees
- The Highest Paid School Employees in Providence
- BREAKING: Lusi to be Named Providence Schools Superintendent
- Chaos Persists In Providence Schools
- 40 Percent Of Providence Schools Could Be Failing
- Aaron Regunberg: Promising Step For Providence Schools—Finally
- BREAKING: 24 of 38 Providence Schools Labeled Failing
- BREAKING: Providence School Board President Resigns
- BREAKING: Providence School Board Won’t Recognize Teachers Contract
- EXCLUSIVE: Hemond to be Named to Providence School Committee
- EXCLUSIVE: No Help For Failing Providence Schools This Year
- Education Crisis: Four Providence Schools Still Have No Plans For Next Year
- Grade the Providence Schools -Your Turn
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Dan Lawlor: Providence Schools are Broken. Literally.
- In Case You Missed It: Highest Paid Providence School Employees
- NEW: Brown University Grants $50K to Providence Schools
- NEW: New Partnership Announced for Failing Providence Schools
- NEW: News Conference Set for Providence Schools Labor/Management Pact
- NEW: Two Providence Schools Recognized for ‘Going Green’
- Overspending or Underfunded? Providence School Budget in Crisis
- PODCAST: No Help for Failing Providence Schools
- Providence School Board Votes To Support Proposed Mayoral Academy
- Providence School Teacher Quits, Rips School District
- Providence Schools 2 Hour Delay
- Providence Schools Violated State Law
- Providence Schools in Crisis: 37% of Students are ‘Chronically Absent’
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.