AS220 Industries Open House Brings Dinosaurs To Providence Tonight
Tuesday, March 05, 2013
AS220's resident artists and designers will be making "celestial" glow-in-the-dark letterpress and silkscreen prints from 6-8pm, and they will be churning out dinosaur models with their CNC router and 3D printer. And it's all free and open to the public. There will be snacks and cash bar as well.
T-Rex in the studio
An 8-foot-tall Tyrannosaurus Rex that was designed, manufactured, and assembled in house, will be on hand for inspection as well as photo opps.
The monthly Open Houses happen the first Tuesday of each month are are an outreach to bring curious locals into AS220 Industries, which is made up of Printshop, Media Arts, and Labs.
AS220 Industries Open House is always a terrific chance to glimpse industrial arts at work right in downtown Providence. This month there's more: stay for the Media Arts Lecture series, where you can hear Samuel Quinn discuss how he uses Super 8 from the mindset of a photographer.
AS220 Industries Open House, Tuesday March 5, 6-8pm. 131 Washington Street (REAR ENTRANCE), Providence.
- AS220 Opens Mercantile Block Apartments in Downcity
- AS220 Reinvents the Jukebox
- MUSIC: All Hallows Eve Spooks AS220
- MUSIC: Math The Band Celebrates The Release of Get Real at AS220
- MUSIC: Rice Cakes Kicks Off Tour at AS220
- MUSIC: The Sugar Honey Iced Tea Sweetens AS220
- Photo-Journalist Opens Exhibit on Latino Culture at AS220
- TONIGHT: A2B Tracking Solutions will host the Nov. Providence Geek Dinner at AS220